# Desktop Setup
# Wipe as New Mac
NOTE You may need to hardwire in a mouse and keyboard.
- Make sure everything is backed up. Then turn off the computer.
- Plug in the Installer USB drive. While holding
option, start up the computer.
- Select the Bootable Drive option
- Select the Disk Utility Option, then Erase the drive named
- Close Disk Utility and select the Install macOS option. Follow the steps.
- Go on a walk.
- Set up the account, then check the software for updates. Update those.
- Go on another walk.
- Set up default File when opening finder
- Finder > Preferences > General > New Finder windows show: <select folder>
- Set up folders to sort by date modified
- Finder > View > Show View Options > Sort By; Date Modified, (button) Use as Defaults.
- Set up where to save screenshots. Enter the following in the terminal
command + spacetype screensot. Options, change to Downloads.
- Open Dock Preferences, turn off: Show recent applications in Dock
- For using
spacefor things like cancel, or replace, go to System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > Select the box that says
Use keyboard navigation to move focus between controls
- Reset the default wallpaper to Unsplash
- AdobeCreative Cloud
- App Cleaner
- Backup and Sync
- Box Drive
- GitHub Desktop
- IconJar (Registered to email@example.com)
- Install Disk Creator
- Microsoft Office
- Node & NPM
- VS Code
- USU Fonts
- CEHS Fonts